Seattle has a long history of being the center of shipping and trade for the Pacific Northwest. It’s also an ideal port city for boating and yachting, with its access to Puget Sound and Lake Washington. If you’re looking to join one of Seattle’s yacht clubs, there are plenty of options available—some better than others! Here are my top five yacht clubs in Seattle:
Seattle Yacht Club
Seattle Yacht Club is located in Seattle and has a fleet of keelboats and Lasers. The club is a member of US Sailing, which means all members have access to their insurance program. Seattle Yacht Club hosts races and regattas throughout the year, including the annual Thunderbird Cup Regatta in August or September. The club also offers junior sailing programs for children ages eight to 18 years old who are interested in learning how to sail or improving their skillset on the water.
Queen City Yacht Club
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- History: The Queen City Yacht Club was founded in 1948 by a group of Seattle residents who were passionate about sailing and wanted to create a club where they could enjoy their hobby. Today, this yacht club is still going strong with over 300 members who use it as their home base for sailing on Lake Union or Puget Sound. The club also hosts a variety of events throughout the year including regattas, dinners at sea and social gatherings such as happy hours at local bars.
- Membership Requirements: Members must be 21 years old or older and pay an annual dues fee ($350-$375). They also need to provide proof that they own or lease a boat (if applicable) before joining this yacht club because those who wish to dock their boats there must pay for slips through them directly instead of just having access because they’re part of this organization–which makes sense considering how much work goes into maintaining that facility!
Corinthian Yacht Club
Located on Lake Washington, the Corinthian Yacht Club is a private club that offers memberships to boaters and sailors. The club hosts an annual sailboat race series in addition to other events throughout the year.
- Memberships are available for $1,500 per year (plus initiation fee).
- Memberships include access to the club’s facilities, including a lounge room with fireplace and bar; kitchenette area; locker rooms for showering after use; outdoor patio with grill and fire pit; boat storage space; parking lot for vehicles up to 24 feet long by 8 feet high that can be accessed from 5 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Monday through Friday only (no overnight parking).
Bell Harbor Marina
Bell Harbor Marina is located in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood, just south of downtown. There are two separate marinas at this location: the North Marina and South Marina. The North Marina is open to all members, while the South Marina has more exclusive membership requirements. Both offer a wide range of services and amenities for their memberships, including boat slips (for both liveaboards and non-liveaboards), showers/bathrooms with laundry facilities, WiFi access throughout the property as well as on board your boat (if applicable), parking for cars or RVs/trailers near your slip(s), dry storage space for boats that aren’t currently in water but need winterization services before being put back into use again next summer season–and much more!
Memberships start at $2 per foot per month ($2400/year) depending on whether you want full membership privileges or just partial ones such as parking passes only which cost less money upfront but don’t include any other benefits besides those mentioned above like WiFi access etc.. Rates may change depending on what type of membership package you choose so be sure check out their website first before committing yourself fully
Agate Pass Yacht Club
Agate Pass Yacht Club is a small but charming club that welcomes all to its doors. Located in Gig Harbor, WA and established in 1956, it has a beautiful waterfront location with views of Mount Rainier and easy access to Puget Sound.
Membership is open to all who have an interest in boating or just want to learn more about sailing as they enjoy their time at the marina. It’s also open to the public for special events throughout the year–make sure you check them out!
Seattle is one of the best places to live in the world, and there are many things to do here. If you love sailing or boating, then a yacht club may be right up your alley!